Dr. Ovidiu-Marcel Murărescu Ph.D.
Lecturer dr. in the field of Geography,
University “Valahia” of Târgovişte,
Faculty of Humanities,
Department of Geography,
Mr. Ovidiu-Marcel Murărescu is graduated in Geography of University Bucharest, since 1995, and in 1996 he was master dregreed in the field of Modeling urban and rural systems in the context of sustainable development, the impact of physical-geographical factors on human settlements. He also is Ph.D. degreed in Geography, with the thesis entitled Water Resources in Carpathian and sub-Carpathian area of Prahova River and its application, coordinator prof. PhD. Doc. Petre Gâştescu (Geographic Institute of Romania’s Academy, Bucharest, 2004).
Mr. Murărescu was trained in some doctoral studies in France (University of Aix - Marseille 1, France, coord. prof. PhD. em. Annick Douguedroit - in the fields of Climatology and Statistics), and also in Greece (University of Thessaloniki; coord. prof. PhD. George Soulis - for the domain of Hydrogeology).
Mr. Ovidiu-Marcel Murărescu is presently lecturer dr. at “Valahia” University of Târgovişte (Romania), and he has as areas of Interest: Hydrology, Meteorology and Climatology, Climatic and Hydrological Risks, Water Resources, Regional Geography of Romania, in the same time he teaching courses as Meteorology and Climatology, Extreme Climatic Phenomena, Regional Geography of Romania, and in the same time teaching.
Along his activities, he is and was a member in some international professional organizations such as:
- member of the WSEAS (World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society)
- member of the AIC (Association Internationale de Climatologie)
- member of ARPV (Romanian Association for Promoting Value)
- regional manager of the National Association of Limnogeography
- member of the Romanian Society of Geography
- author indexed in international data bases
- co-managing editor of the “Annals. Geographical Series”, “Valahia“ University of Târgovişte, tome 10, 2010
- Member in the Editorial Board of Life Science Global, since 2012
Books published (first author and co-author): 5
Published articles: over 70