Call for Papers: Journal of Arabic and Diglossia Studies
The Journal of Arabic and Diglossia Studies (JADS) invites submissions for its upcoming issues. JADS is a peer-reviewed scholarly publication that aims to explore and examine the complex relationship between the Arabic language and diglossia, along with their various sociolinguistic, cultural, historical, and pedagogical dimensions.
We welcome original research articles and book reviews that address topics related to Arabic/diglossia and its broader implications. The journal encourages interdisciplinary approaches and methodologies that shed light on the intricacies of Arabic language use, teaching, learning, and communication in diverse contexts.
Some possible areas of investigation include but are not limited to:
- Language contact and code-switching in Arabic diglossic settings
- Sociolinguistics of Arabic language use in different regions and communities
- Historical development and evolution of Arabic dialects and their impact on diglossia
- Pedagogy and teaching methods for Arabic as a first or second language
- Technology-enhanced learning and teaching of Arabic in multilingual contexts
- Discourse analysis and pragmatics of Arabic language use in various genres and registers
- Lexical and grammatical features of Arabic dialects and their interface with Standard Arabic
- Language policy and planning for Arabic education in multilingual societies
- Translation and interpretation studies involving Arabic and diglossic languages
- Intersections of Arabic/diglossia with gender, religion, identity, and power dynamics
Manuscripts should be submitted electronically through the JADS website:
Please ensure that your submission meets the journal's guidelines and formatting requirements, available on the website.
All submissions undergo rigorous double-blind peer review to ensure high academic standards and relevance to the field.
Deadline for Submissions: Rolling submissions.
We look forward to receiving your contributions to this exciting new journal!